We’ve Got Your Back - All Day, Every Day
HP3 offers New Jersey healthcare providers like you the protection and comfort of having immediate personal legal assistance available to you, 24/7.
- Upon receipt of notice of an investigation, the Flynn Watts Health Law team will conduct an immediate review of any complaint and related materials and provide advice as to what further steps will need to be taken.
- If the matter can be resolved without any appearances or preparation of extensive pleadings, there will be no additional charge to the practitioner.
- If further representation is necessary, the practitioner will be offered continued legal services at a the membership rate pursuant to an agreed upon retainer.
- The Flynn Watts Health Law team will review the terms of any proposed employment contract which the practitioner may be offered. The Flynn Watts Health Law team will highlight specific areas of concern and provide advice with respect to suggested changes to certain terms.
- If the practitioner desires that the Flynn Watts Health Law team become involved in the agreement negotiations, the practitioner will be offered the continued legal services at the membership rate pursuant to an agreed upon retainer.
- Upon receipt of a subpoena from the practitioner, the Flynn Watts Health Law team will review and advise on the validity/ appropriateness of the subpoena, whether a response is necessary and if so, how the response should be prepared.
- We will assist with contacting the attorney(s) who served the subpoena and seek to have the matter resolved efficiently.
- While in most instances of claims asserting medical malpractice against a practitioner will be defended by counsel assigned by the applicable malpractice insurer, the Flynn Watts Health Law team will nonetheless provide support and guidance to a physician involved in such a matter, including advice on:
- The legal process
- Coverage review (to ensure adequate protection)
- Case review/ issue spotting
- Data Bank reporting
- The Flynn Watts Health Law team will respond to any questions that may arise concerning HIPAA related issues or concerns. We also offer a compliance assessment of the practitioner’s current HIPAA policies.
- The Flynn Watts Health Law team will provide advice on risk management topics, including HIPAA issues, billing & coding procedures.
- Professionals Assistance Program (PAP)
- Recovery and Monitoring Program (RAMP)
- Free seminars and webinars on current legal topics of interest to practicing providers.
- Regular email newsletters and legal e-alerts on important issues including regulatory and legislative changes affecting the practice of medicine on both the state and national level.
ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDERS
*The FW Health Law team is available 24/7, and immediately reachable via email. Upon receipt of an email from a practitioner client at least one member of the FW Health Law team will respond within 24 hours –
less if during the usual work week; no more than 24 hours if over a holiday or weekend.